When I attended the Real Trends Gathering of Eagles recently, a common topic arose among real estate company owners and franchisors: “How do I increase agent adoption of the tools and systems I provide for them?”
The problem is pervasive. The data shows that only 10% of agents use 90% of the available technology, and only 50% employ a bleak 10%. Why?
Chart courtesy of Real Trends. This originally appeared in the 2013 May Edition of REAL Trends and is reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. Copyright 2013.
- Agents are “too busy” to learn new things
- Experienced Agents have already adopted other tools from other vendors
- Agents are fearful “downtime” and loss of business if they change systems
- Agents want to see and hear results from peers, not from their broker or the vendors
- The average age of NAR members is around 56 years old; and many of them feel “tech-challenged.”
The solution to this issue seemed intuitive to most attendees – “DO IT FOR THEM.”
This made me very happy to hear because our company is far ahead of the pack! Years ago we saw this problem and implemented a new position in our company: The Marketing Services Associate. Much like a Transaction Coordinator, this person is the Marketing Coordinator, serving agents to set up their CRM, websites, social media accounts, lead management systems and other tools.
And it is working! I would like to hear from any of you who have utilized this service in our offices already and what your experience has been.